Product may vary slightly from what is illustrated.
1. Lift Tab
2. Reservoir cover
3. Water spreader
† 4. Permanent filter (Part #175181-00)
† 5. Brew basket (Part #175518-00)
6. Mug/Cup Rest
7. Start Lever
8. On Light
9. Water reservoir
† Consumer replaceable
How to Use
This appliance is intended for household use only.
1. Remove all stickers, packing material, and literature.
Important: For warranty verification, please do not remove line cord sticker.
2. Wash all parts as instructed in the Care and Cleaning section.
3. Pour one full mug/cup of cold water only into the water reservoir (You may use 5 oz.
to 12 oz. mug or cup with this unit.)
Brew it through as instructed in "BREWING," but do not add coffee grounds. When done,
turn off the coffeemaker and discard the water from the mug/cup.
1. Lift the one-piece cover. Use the mug/cup you will brew into and
pour one full mug/cup of cold water into the water reservoir (A).
Close the reservoir cover.
2. Place the permanent filter into the brew basket. Add ground coffee,
(we recommend one heaping tablespoon for every 2 cups). Close
3. Place the mug/cup on the mug rest.
4. Push the start lever and the "On" Light will illuminate (B). The
coffeemaker and On light turn off automatically when brewing is
done. Allow the coffee to finish dripping from the unit before
removing your mug/cup.
NOTE: There will be slightly less coffee in your mug/cup than the
amount of water added as the grounds absorb some of the liquid.
5. Your coffeemaker can also be used to brew hot water for other hot
beverages such as tea, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal and soups.
To brew hot water into the mug/cup: place the filter and basket and repeat the brewing
process (without adding grounds).
CAUTION: Be careful when opening the reservoir cover after brewing as this area is hot and
steamy. Use the lift tab located on the front of the coffeemaker reservoir cover.
6. The mug/cup may also be used for carrying cold beverages.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service personnel.
1. Be sure the unit is off and cooled. Open the cover, remove the brew basket (lift straight
up), and discard the grounds. Clean as follows: brew basket, and permanent filter are all
top rack dishwasher-safe; or they may be hand washed in warm, sudsy water. The
coffeemaker's exterior, may be cleaned with a soft damp cloth. Do not
use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. Never immerse the coffeemaker
2. To clean inside of reservoir cover, open the one piece cover allowing
it to rest in the open position. Pull the water spreader down and
wipe the surfaces with a clean damp cloth. After cleaning snap the
water spreader back into place (C).
Mineral Deposits and Clogging
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is recommended
every 3 months. Excessive steaming or a prolonged brewing cycle is a sign that a cleaning is