YOUR CARAFE from hot liquid. To avoid breaking Carafe:
1. Pour the coffee into a saucepan and heat on a
range top using a low to medium setting. Heat
until the coffee is hot but not boiling; boiling will
affect the coffee's flavor.
2. IMPORTANT: Never pour brewed coffee back
into the Water Reservoir. Do not place the Carafe
on a cooking surface or in a microwave oven.
NOTE: Do not place anything other than water or
the cleaning solution specified in this book into
the Water Reservoir.
To clean your Coffeemaker after brewing coffee,
be sure the Coffeemaker is turned OFF and is
cool. Discard the paper filter, and clean each
part as follows:
Filter Basket, Glass Carafe, and Carafe Lid:
Dishwasher - top rack only; or hot, sudsy water.
Coffeemaker: Wipe with soft, damp cloth and dry.
Do not use abrasive soaps or scouring pads.
Parts washed in a dishwasher may appear to fade.
The original color may be restored by polishing
with a soft, dry cloth.
A damaged Carafe may result in possible burns
• Do not allow all liquid to evaporate from
Carafe while on the "Keeps Hot" Plate or heat
Carafe when empty. If this happens, discard
• Discard Carafe if damaged in any manner.
A chip or crack could result in breakage.
• Never use abrasive scouring pads or
cleansers as they will scratch and weaken
• Do not place Carafe on or near a hot gas or
electric burner, in a heated oven, or in a
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.