. Follow steps through 7 under BReWIng CoFFee.
2. Press the program (PRog) button twice; the word
TIMeR appears on the top left of the display.
3. The digital clock displays 2:00 AM (J).
4. To change the time: Press HoUR button until the
correct time appears on the display. Repeat with the
5. Press on/oFF button twice; the red power light comes on followed by the
green AUTo light.
6. When brewing begins at the preset time the green light goes off and the red
power light comes on.
7. To cancel the AUTo brew, press the on/oFF button. All lights are off.
COFFEE BREWING TIPS
• Stir coffee in carafe before serving to evenly distribute the flavor.
• Coffee that is poured during brewing cycle may vary in strength from the
• not sure how much coffee to use? Begin by using level tablespoon of
medium grind coffee for each cup of coffee to be brewed.
• For variety, add a 2-inch piece of lemon or orange peel to the coffee grounds
• For a special occasion, whip some heavy cream with or 2 tablespoons of
hazel nut, chocolate or almond liqueur. Use to top off each cup of coffee.
• Add a 2-inch piece of vanilla bean to the sugar bowl. You'll be surprised at
how good it tastes.
• Keep your coffeemaker scrupulously clean; you will be pleased with the flavor.
Care and Cleaning
This product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified
. Be sure the unit is off and cooled.
2. open the one-piece cover; remove the filter basket (lift straight up) and
discard the coffee grounds.
3. The removable filter basket and carafe lid are all top rack dishwasher safe;
or they may be hand washed in warm, sudsy water. See below for carafe
4. The coffeemaker's exterior, control panel area and "Keep Hot" carafe plate
may be cleaned with a soft damp cloth.
Note: do not use abrasive cleansers or scouring pads. never immerse the
coffeemaker in water.
5. To clean inside of one-piece cover, wipe surfaces
with a damp cloth (K).
Note: A damaged carafe may result in possible
burns from a hot liquid.
To avoid breaking:
• do not allow all liquid to evaporate from the
carafe while on the "Keep Hot" carafe plate or
heat the carafe when empty.
discard the carafe if chipped, cracked or
damaged in any manner.
• never use abrasive scouring pads or cleansers; they will scratch and
weaken the glass.
• do not place the carafe on or near a gas or electric burner, in a heated
oven, or in a microwave oven.
• Avoid rough handling and sharp blows.
CLEANING WITH VINEGAR
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your coffeemaker. Cleaning is
recommended once a month.
. Pour white vinegar into the water reservoir up to the 6-cup line on the
water window. Add cold water up to the 0-cup line.
2. Put a paper filter in the filter basket and close the cover. Set the empty
carafe on the "Keep Hot" carafe plate.
3. Turn on the coffeemaker and let half the cleaning solution brew into
the carafe (until water level goes down to around "5"). Turn off the
coffeemaker and let it soak for at least 5 minutes to soften the deposits.
4. Turn on the coffeemaker and brew the remaining cleaning solution into the