9. When grinding is finished remove ground coffee container from grinder by
pulling it straight out and away from grinder.
10. Remove lid and scoop ground coffee directly from container.
11. Clean the ground coffee container; empty grinding
bowl and clean discharge chute (C).
12. Unplug grinder when not in use.
Selecting grind setting:
Percolator or French Press
Drip or Vacuum
The proper grind is important for the best coffee flavor. The quicker the
brewing process is the finer the grind used. Coffee that is ground too fine for a
particular brewing process will result in bitter, pungent tasting coffee. Coffee
that is ground too coarse will result in weak, watery coffee.
Grind time and yield:
mount of beans
¼ cup (57 g)
30 to 35 seconds
½ cup (113 g)
45 to 50 seconds
¾ cup (170 g)
60 to 65 seconds
1 cup (227 g)
80 to 85 seconds
GROUND COFFEE TIPS
• For a cup of rich, full flavored coffee use 1½ rounded tablespoons of
ground coffee for each 5½-oz cup of coffee.
• For optimum flavor it is best to grind the amount of coffee needed
immediately before brewing.
• The best place to store coffee beans is in freezer – not in refrigerator, where
they can absorb flavors of other foods.
• Coffee beans can be stored in freezer for up to 1 month in a clean, dry,
• Beans can be ground while still frozen.
• Do not use coffee grinder to grind spices or nuts; coffee will absorb flavors.
• Blending 2 or more types of beans will result in a richer, more complex
• It is important to clean the ground coffee container after each use; the
Care and Cleaning
Product contains no user serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Like salt particles
1. lways unplug unit before cleaning.
Like sand particles
2. Remove ground coffee container with lid and wash in warm, soapy water
Like talcum powder
airtight container. ir is coffee's worst enemy so select a container that the
coffee beans fill.
We recommend you purchase another grinder to be used exclusively to
residual oils from coffee will give an off flavor to next batch of coffee
– not in dishwasher.
3. Use cleaning brush to sweep away any excess
particles left in ground coffee chute (D).
Important: Ground coffee chute must be kept clear, or
the ground coffee container will not lock into position
once it is replaced and the grinder will not operate
4. Open grinding bowl cover and turn lock and release
knob clockwise to unlock grinding assembly (E). You
will hear a series of clicks and grind selection dial
will rotate as you twist; you will then hear a distinct
pop when the assembly is unlocked.
5. Remove grinding assembly and wash in warm, soapy
water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
6. Cleaning brush can also be used to sweep out any
excess particles gathered under grinding assembly.
Once all excess particles have been removed,
cleaning brush may be washed in warm, soapy