2 cans (14
chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups water
1 (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled
and cut in 1-inch cubes
5 medium carrots, cut in 1-inch lengths
4 medium potatoes, peeled and
each cut in 6 pieces
2 onions, coarsely chopped
1. Combine chicken or vegetable broth and water in large sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Add
all ingredients except milk and sour cream or yogurt.
2. Bring mixture to a boil; cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Simmer vegetables until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
4. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
5. Transfer vegetables and soup liquid to blender Jar, 2 cups at a time. Cover and pulse to
blend until smooth. (Be sure to blend only 2 cups at a time, as hot liquids expand when
6. Transfer blended soup to large bowl and repeat process for remaining vegetables and
broth. Return to sauce pot and reheat. Stir in milk, adding enough for desired
consistency. Correct seasonings, if necessary.
7. Serve garnished with dollop of sour cream or yogurt.
Makes 6 (1
For any questions on usage of this product, please call the toll-free
number on the cover of this book.
FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
Household Products, Inc. warrants this product against any defects that are
due to faulty material or workmanship for a one-year period after the original
date of consumer purchase. This warranty does not include damage to the
product resulting from accident or misuse. If the product should become
defective within the warranty period, we will repair it or elect to replace it free
of charge. We will return your product, transportation charges prepaid,
provided it is delivered prepaid to any Black & Decker Company-Owned or
Authorized Household Appliance Service Center.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other
rights which vary from state to state or province to province. Answers to any
questions regarding warranty or service locations may be obtained by calling
Consumer Assistance and Information toll free: 1-800-231-9786.
is a trademark of The Black & Decker Corporation, Towson, Maryland, U.S.A.
CREAMED HARVEST GINGER SOUP
1 red pepper coarsely chopped
2 (1-inch) squares fresh ginger,
1 teaspoon dried basil
-1 cup milk
Sour cream or plain yogurt
Listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
Copyright © 1999 Household Products, Inc.
Pub. No. 175058-00-RV00
Printed in Mexico