If you experience any of the following
difficulties while using the receiver, use this
troubleshooting guide to help you remedy the
problem. Should any problem persist, consult
your nearest Sony dealer. Note that if service
personnel changes some parts during repair,
these parts may be retained.
The receiver is turned off
• "Auto Standby" is set to "ON" (page 102).
• The Sleep Timer function is working
Dolby Digital, DTS or DTS 96/24 multi
channel sound is not reproduced.
• Check that the DVD, etc. you are playing
is recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS
• When connecting the DVD player, etc., to
the digital input jacks of this receiver,
make sure the digital audio output setting
of the connected equipment is available.
• Set "Audio Out" to "AMP" in the HDMI
• When DTS 96/24 audio format is not
reproduced, set the calibration type to
"Off" and perform Auto Calibration again
The surround effect cannot be
• Make sure you have selected the sound
field for movie or music (page 64 or 65).
• Sound fields do not function when
DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High
Resolution Audio or Dolby TrueHD with
sampling frequency of more than 48 kHz
are being received.
There is no sound, or only a very low-
level sound is heard from specific
• Connect a pair of headphones to the
PHONES jack to verify that sound is
output from the headphones. If only one
channel is output from the headphones, the
equipment may not be connected to the
receiver correctly. Check that all the cords
are fully inserted into the jacks on both the
receiver and the equipment. If both
channels are output from the headphones,
the front speaker may not be connected to
the receiver correctly. Check the
connection of the front speaker which is
not outputting any sound.
• Make sure you have connected to both the
L and R jacks of an analog equipment,
analog equipment requires both L and R
jack connections. Use an audio cord (not
• Adjust the speaker level (page 92).
• Make sure the center/surround speaker (s)
is (are) set to either "Small" or "Large".
• Check that the speaker settings are
appropriate for the setup using the Auto
Calibration menu or "SP Pattern" in the
Speaker Settings menu. Then check that
sound is output from each speaker
correctly, using "Test Tone" in the
Speaker Settings menu.
• Some discs have no Dolby Digital
Surround EX flag even though the
packages have Dolby Digital Surround EX
• Check that the subwoofer is connected
correctly and securely.
• Make sure you have turned on your
• Depending on the selected sound field, no
sound will be available from the
• When all speakers are set to "Large" and
"NEO6 CIN" or "NEO6 MUS" is selected,
there is no sound from the subwoofer.