CONNECTION OF SERVO AMPLIFIER AND
LINEAR SERVO MOTOR
• Insulate the conductive parts of the terminals.
• The performance is not guaranteed if the specified servo amplifier and linear servo motor are not combined. If used with
unspecified combination, the servo amplifier or linear servo motor may be damaged or may operate unexpectedly.
• The equipment must be installed in the specified direction.
• Do not install or operate the linear servo motor which has been damaged or has any parts missing.
• Do not modify the linear servo motor.
• To prevent unexpected operation of the linear servo motor, wire the equipment correctly and securely.
• Make sure to connect the cables and connectors by using the fixing screws and the locking mechanism. Otherwise, the
cables and connectors may be disconnected during operation.
• Do not install a power capacitor, surge killer, or radio noise filter (optional FR-BIF(-H)) on the servo amplifier output side.
• To avoid a malfunction, connect the wires to the correct phase terminals (U/V/W) of the servo amplifier and the linear servo
• To prevent abnormal operation and malfunction, connect the servo amplifier power output (U/V/W) to the linear servo motor
power input (U/V/W) directly. Do not connect a magnetic contactor and others between them.
• To prevent a malfunction, do not connect AC power supply directly to the linear servo motor.
• When the wires are not tightened enough to the terminal block, the wires or terminal block may generate heat because of
the poor contact. Be sure to tighten the wires with specified torque.
• The cables such as the power cable deriving from the primary side cannot stand the long-term bending action. Avoid the
bending action by fixing the cables to the moving part or others. Also, use the cable that can withstand the long-term
bending action for the wiring to the servo amplifier.
• Use the linear servo motor with the specified servo amplifier.
• To prevent malfunction, eliminate static electricity before wiring, switch operation, or others.
• To prevent failure and malfunction, only the power/signal specified in the user's manual should be connected to each
• We recommend using HIV wires to connect the servo amplifier to the linear servo motor. Therefore, the recommended wire
sizes may be different from those of the used wires for the previous linear servo motors.
4 CONNECTION OF SERVO AMPLIFIER AND LINEAR SERVO MOTOR
Linear servo motor
Linear servo motor