Control circuit terminal
• Wire removal
Pull the wire while pushing the open/close button all the way down firmly with a flathead screwdriver.
• When using stranded wires without a blade terminal, twist enough to avoid short circuit with a nearby terminals or wires.
• During wiring, pulling out the wire forcefully without pushing the open/close button all the way down may damage the terminal block.
• Use a small flathead screwdriver (tip thickness: 0.4 mm, tip width: 2.5 mm).
If a flathead screwdriver with a narrow tip is used, terminal block may be damaged.
Commercially available products (as of February 2012) .
SZF 0- 0,4 x 2,5
• Place the flathead screwdriver vertical to the open/close button. In case the blade tip slips, it may cause an inverter damage or injury.
• It is recommended to use a cable of 0.3 to 0.75 mm
• The wiring length should be 30 m (200 m for the terminal FM) at the maximum.
• Use two or more parallel micro-signal contacts or twin contacts to prevent contact faults when using contact inputs since
the control circuit input signals are micro-currents.
• To suppress EMI, use shielded or twisted cables for the control circuit terminals and run them away from the main and
power circuits (including the 200 V relay sequence circuit). For the cables connected to the control circuit terminals,
connect their shields to the common terminal of the connected control circuit terminal. When connecting an external
power supply to the terminal PC, however, connect the shield of the power supply cable to the negative side of the external power supply. Do not directly earth
(ground) the shield to the enclosure, etc.
• Always apply a voltage to the fault output terminals (A1, B1, C1, A2, B2, C2) via a relay coil, lamp, etc.
Control logic (sink/source) change
Change the control logic of input signals as necessary.
To change the control logic, change the jumper connector position on the control circuit board.
Connect the jumper connector to the connector pin of the desired control logic.
The control logic of input signals is initially set to the sink logic (SINK) for the FM type.
The control logic of input signals is initially set to the source logic (SOURCE) for the CA type.
(The output signals may be used in either the sink or source logic independently of the jumper connector position.)
When supplying 24 V external power to the control circuit
Connect a 24 V external power supply across terminals +24 and SD. Connecting a 24 V external power supply enables I/O terminal ON/OFF operation, operation
panel displays, control functions, and communication during communication operation even during power-OFF of inverter's main circuit power supply.
During the 24 V external power supply operation, "EV" flickers on the operation panel.
Applied 24 V external power specification
23 to 25.5 VDC
1.4 A or less
Phoenix Contact Co., Ltd.
for connection to the control circuit terminals.
For sink logic
Micro signal contacts