90550870 VEC012C EN SP.qxp:VEC012C_ManualEN_090407
• Excessive engine cranking can damage the vehicle's starter motor. If the engine fails to start after the recommended
number of attempts, discontinue jump-start procedure and look for other problems that need to be corrected.
• After use, turn the Jump-Starter Power Switch OFF.
• Replace worn or defective parts immediately — contact the Customer Service Department toll free (800) 544-6986.
The built-in 12 volt DC inflator is the ultimate inflator for all vehicle tires and recreational inflatables. Three
different sized nozzles are supplied. Each nozzle will clip on the end of the standard tire valve connector located
at the free end of the inflator hose. The inflator nozzles are stored inside the hose hatch. The inflator hose with
tire fitting is stored in a retaining channel between the jumper cable channels on the rear of the unit. The
ON/OFF Switch is located on the back of the Main Unit. The inflator can operate long enough to fill up to 3
average sized tires before the battery must be recharged.
The inflator may be used by removing the air hose from the storage hatch and if required, fitting an appropriate
nozzle to the air hose. An ON/OFF switch located on the back of the unit controls the power to the inflator and
the gauge light. Refer to the "Controls and Indicators" section for locations of inflator hose and nozzle storage
hatch. Return hose to the storage compartment after use.
WARNING: BURST HAZARD
• The inflator is capable of inflating up to 120 pounds per square inch (psi) pressure. To avoid over-inflation,
carefully follow instructions on articles to be inflated. Never exceed recommended pressures. Bursting articles
can cause serious injury.
• Always check pressure with the pressure gauge.
• Never leave the inflator unattended while in use.
CAUTION: RISK OF PROPERTY DAMAGE
Do not operate inflator continuously for extended periods of time (approximately 10 minutes, depending on
ambient temperatures), as it may overheat. In such event, inflator will automatically shut down. Immediately
turn OFF the Inflator Power Switch. Restart after a cooling down period of approximately 10 minutes.
Inflating Tires or Products With Valve Stems
1. Place connector (chuck) on valve stem.
2. Ensure connector is pushed on to valve stem as far as possible before closing thumb latch.
3. Make sure latch is secure.
4. Turn ON the Inflator Power Switch.
5. Check pressure with the pressure gauge.
6. When desired pressure is reached, open thumb latch and remove connector from valve stem.
7. Turn OFF Inflator Power Switch.
8. Allow unit to cool before storing away.
9. Store inflator hose and tire fitting in storage compartment.
10. Recharge the unit before storing away.
Inflating Other Inflatables Without Valve Stems
Inflation of other items requires use of one of the adapters (nozzles).
1. Select the appropriate nozzle, located on the inside back cover.
2. Insert appropriate adapter (i.e. needle) into connector (chuck) and close thumb latch.
3. Small items such as volleyballs, footballs, etc. inflate very rapidly.
4. Insert adapter (i.e., needle) into item to inflate to appropriate pressure.
5. Turn ON the Inflator Power Switch — inflate to desired pressure or fullness.
6. Remove adapter.
7. Switch the Inflator Power Switch OFF.
8. Recharge the unit before storing away.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
This product has a sealed lead acid battery that should be kept fully charged. Recharge before first use, immediately
after each use, and every 60 days if not used. Failure to do this may reduce the battery life dramatically. Refer to the
"Charging/Recharging" section of this Instruction Manual.