You may connect a second
DIRECTV Receiver to the unused
LNB output. These instructions
also apply to an additional
This chapter explains how to:
• Connect the DIRECTV satellite dish antenna to your DIRECTV Receiver
• Connect your DIRECTV Receiver to your TV (see page 3).
• Find antenna azimuth and elevation settings for your location (see page 4).
• Test the DIRECTV System operation (see page 5).
How to use this manual
This manual uses these typographical conventions to help clarify instructions:
Highlight the Messages
Connect a pair of A/V
cables to the
At this point, you should have:
• Mounted the DIRECTV satellite antenna and pointed it in the general
direction of the satellite.
• Grounded the antenna as described in your antenna installation instructions.
• Attached RG-6 coaxial cable(s) to the antenna LNB connector(s).
• Routed the other end of the antenna cable to the back of your DIRECTV
• Placed the DIRECTV Receiver accessible to a telephone modular jack.
Ensure that you have completed these procedures, then continue to the next
page to begin installing the DIRECTV Receiver.
On-screen command buttons that execute an action.
Pull-down and pop-up box selections, or other option
buttons within a menu pane.
Remote control buttons, or receiver front panel.
Names of equipment cable connections on
Menu tab names
Menu and pane names, names of pop-up and