To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose the projection TV to rain or moisture.
Dangerously high voltages are present inside the projection TV. Do not open the
cabinet. Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
For general safety:
• Do not expose the projection TV to rain or moisture.
• Do not open the rear cover.
For safe installation:
• Do not block the ventilation openings.
• Do not install the projection TV in hot, humid or excessively dusty places.
• Do not install the projection TV where it may be exposed to mechanical vibrations.
• Avoid operating the projection TV at temperatures below 5°C (41°F).
• If the projection TV is transported directly from a cold to a warm location, or if the room
temperature has changed suddenly, the picture may be blurred or show poor color. This
is because moisture has condensed on the mirror or lenses inside. If this happens, let the
moisture evaporate before using the projection TV.
• To obtain the best picture, do not expose the screen to direct illumination or direct
sunlight. It is recommended to use spot lighting directed down from the ceiling or to
cover the windows that face the screen with opaque drapery. It is desirable to install the
projection TV in a room where the floor and walls are not of reflecting material. If
necessary, cover them with dark carpeting or wall paper.
• Do not install the appliance in a confined space, such as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
For safe operations:
• Do not operate the projection TV on anything but 110 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz.
• Do not operate the projection TV if any liquid or solid object falls in it—have it checked
• Do not keep the projection TV plugged in if you are not going to use it for several days.
Even if your TV is turned off, it is still connected to the AC power source (mains) as long
as the power cord is plugged in.
• Do not pull the power cord to disconnect the projection TV. Pull it out by the plug.
• Do not plug in too many appliances to the same power socket. Do not damage the
• Do not place any object on the projection TV.
• Install the projection TV on a stable projection TV stand and floor which can support the
projection TV set weight. Ensure that the projection TV stand surface is flat and its area
is larger than the bottom area of the projection TV.
• Do not carry the projection TV holding the screen edges.
• When using TV games, computers, and similar products with your projection TV, keep
the brightness and contrast functions at low settings. If a fixed (non-moving) pattern is
left on the screen for long periods of time at a high brightness or contrast setting, the
image can be permanently imprinted onto the screen. These types of imprints are not
covered by your warranty.
Cleaning the Screen
• To clean the screen with a cloth, please use a soft cloth lightly moistened with a mild
detergent solution or water. Do not use any type of abrasive pad, alkaline cleaner,
scouring powder or solvent, such as alcohol or benzine. As a safety precaution, unplug
the TV before cleaning it.
• Do not rub, touch, or tap the surface of the screen with sharp or abrasive items, like a
ball point pen or a screw driver. Otherwise, this type or contact may result in a scratched