• Operate the unit only with a power source as
specified in "Specifications" section.
• The nameplate indicating operating voltage, power
consumption, etc., is located at the rear.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the unit and have it checked by qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• Do not drop or place heavy objects on the power
cord. If the power cord is damaged, turn off the
power immediately. It is dangerous to use the unit
with a damaged power cord.
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet if it is not to be
used for several days or more.
• Disconnect the power cord from the AC outlet by
grasping the plug, not by pulling the cord.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the
equipment and shall be easily accessible.
• Allow adequate air circulation to prevent internal
Do not place the unit on surfaces (rugs, blankets,
etc.) or near materials (curtains, draperies) that may
block the ventilation holes.
• Do not install the unit in a location near heat sources
such as radiators or air ducts, or in a place subject to
direct sunlight, excessive dust, mechanical vibration
On cleaning of the CRT surface
• The surface of the CRT has an optional PET film
Clean the CRT surface using the following method
to avoid damaging the surface.
• Clean the CRT with a soft cloth.
When the CRT is dirtied with oily hands or
fingerprints, clean it with a soft cloth moistened with
a mild detergent solution.
• Never use abrasive cleansers, alkaline soap, strong
solvents such as alcohol, thinner or benzine, since
they will damage the surface.
• Do not rub the surface of the CRT with a solid object
or hit it.
To keep the unit looking brand-new, periodically clean
it with a mild detergent solution. Never use strong
solvents such as thinner or benzine, or abrasive
cleansers since they will damage the cabinet. As a
safety precaution, unplug the unit before cleaning it.
Do not throw away the carton and packing materials.
They make an ideal container which to transport the
unit. When shipping the unit to another location,
repack it as illustrated on the carton.
If you have any questions about this unit, contact your
authorized Sony dealer.