13. WATER SOFTENER FILTER
Certain models are fitted with a softener
filter (B4). If this is not the case with
your model, you are recommended to
purchase one from Customer Services.
(cod. 9029798726 M3BICF200) Web-
Shop Electrolux: ww.electrolux.com/shop
To use the filter correctly, follow the
13.1 Installing the filter
1. Remove the filter (B4) from its pack-
2. Turn the rotary (C2) to select "Menu",
then press the dial to confirm.
3. Select "Basic Settings", press to con-
firm, select "Hot water" and confirm.
4. Select "Softener" and set On.
5. TURN DATE INDICATOR TO DIS-
PLAY NEXT 2 MONTHS
turn the date indicator disk until the
next two months of use are dis-
played. Press NEXT;
The filter lasts about two months if
the appliance is used normally. If
the coffee machine is left unused
with the filter installed, it will last a
maximum of 3 weeks.
6. RUN WATER INTO FILTER HOLE
UNTIL IT COMES OUT FROM
OPENINGS: To activate the filter, run
tap water through the hole in the filter
as shown in the figure until water
comes out of the openings at the side
for more than a minute. Press NEXT;
7. Extract the tank (A6) from the appli-
ance and fill with water.
8. IMMERSE FILTER IN THE WATER
TANK LETTING AIR BUBBLES
ESCAPE: Insert the filter in the water
tank and immerse it completely for
about ten seconds, sloping it and
pressing it lightly to enable the air
bubbles to escape. Press NEXT;
9. INSERT FILTER INTO ITS HOUS-
ING AND PUSH IT DOWN TO
BOTTOM: Insert the filter in the filter
housing and press as far as it will go.
10. INSERT WATER TANK: Close the
tank with the lid, then replace the
tank in the machine.
11. PLACE 0.5L CONTAINER UNDER