6.3 Energy saving
Use this function to enable or disable en-
ergy saving. When enabled, the function
reduces energy consumption in compli-
ance with European regulations.
7. MAKING COFFEE
7.1 Coffee beans
Do not use green, caramelised
or candied coffee beans as they
could stick to the coffee mill and
make it unusable.
1. Fill the beans container (fig. 9 Quick
Guide) with coffee beans;
2. Place a cup (or two cups) under the
coffee spouts (A7);
3. Lower the spouts as near as possible
to the cup. This makes a creamier
4. Select the required coffee by turning
Choose the desired coffee:
• Espresso lungo
• Long Coffee
5. Customize Aroma, coffee quantity
and number of cups.
6. Press START icon.
7. Preparation begins. An image of the
selected beverage appears on the
display (C1), together with a progress
bar which gradually fills as prepara-
While the machine is making cof-
fee, delivery can be interrupted at
any moment by pressing STOP.
6.4 Water temperature
Use this function to modify the tem-
perature of the water used to make the
Once the coffee has been made, the
appliance is ready to make the next
Various alarm messages could
be displayed while using the ap-
pliance (fill tank, empty ground
container, etc.). Their meaning is
explained in section "Displayed
• For hotter coffee, see section "Tips for
a hotter coffee".
• If the coffee is delivered a drop at a
time, too weak and not creamy enough
or too cold, read the tips in sections
"Adjusting the coffee mill" and "Trou-
• Preparation of each coffee can be
• If "Energy Saving" mode is active, you
may have to wait a few seconds before
the first coffee is delivered.
7.2 Pre-ground coffee
Never add pre-ground coffee
when the machine is off or it could
spread through the inside of the
machine and dirty it. This could
damage the appliance.