Additional Information (continued)
• Copyright laws prohibit reproducing the software or the manual accompanying it in whole or in part,
or renting the software without the permission of the copyright holder.
• In no event will SONY be liable for any financial damage, or loss of profits, including claims made by
third parties, arising out of the use of the software supplied with player.
• In the event a problem occurs with this software as a result of defective manufacturing, SONY will
replace it. However, SONY bears no other responsibility.
• The software provided with the player cannot be used with equipment other than that which is so
• Please note that, due to continued efforts to improve quality, the software specifications may be
changed without notice.
• Operation of this player with software other than that provided is not covered by the warranty.
• The ability to display the languages on supplied software will depend on the installed OS on your
computer. For better results, please ensure that the installed OS is compatible with the desired
language you like to display.
– We do not guarantee all the languages will be able to be displayed properly on supplied
– User-created characters and some special characters may not be displayed.
• The explanations in this manual assume that you are familiar with the basic operations of Windows.
For details on the use of your computer and operating system, please refer to the respective manuals.
About the customer support Web sites
If you have any questions or issues with this product, or would like information on compatible items
with this product, visit the following web sites.
For customers in the USA: http://www.sony.com/walkmansupport
For customers in Canada: http://www.sony.ca/ElectronicsSupport/
For customers in Europe: http://support.sony-europe.com/DNA
For customers in Latin America: http://www.sony-latin.com/index.crp
For customers in other countries/regions: http://www.sony-asia.com/support
For customers who purchased the overseas models:
Audio compression technology (supported bit rates and sampling frequency*
• MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
32 to 320 kbps variable bit rate-compliant, 32, 44.1, 48 kHz
• WMA (Windows Media Audio)
32 to 192 kbps variable bit rate-compliant, 44.1 kHz
Sampling frequency may not correspond to all encoders.
Maximum recordable number of songs and time (Approx.)
The approximate times are based on a transferred 4-minute MP3 format song.
Other playable audio file format song and time number may be different than MP3 format.
43 hr. 20 min.
33 hr. 00 min.
16 hr. 20 min.
8 hr. 00 min.
6 hr. 30 min.
88 hr. 00 min.
66 hr. 40 min.
33 hr. 20 min.
16 hr. 40 min.
13 hr. 20 min.