FM/AM Clock Radio
Dream Machine is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
© 2006 Sony Corporation
DATE SLEEP OFF
Printed in China
FM wire antenna
AC power cord
* There is a tactile dot beside
VOLUME to show the direction to
turn up the volume.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do
not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
To avoid electrical shock, do not open the cabinet.
Refer servicing to qualified personnel only.
Do not install the appliance in a confined space, such
as a bookcase or built-in cabinet.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
place objects filled with liquids, such as vases, on the
Connect the apparatus to an easily accessible AC
outlet. Should you notice an abnormality in the
apparatus, disconnect the main plug from the AC
Battery may explode if mistreated.
Do not recharge, disassemble or dispose of in fire.
• Dual alarm FM/AM Clock radio.
• Various types of alarms — radio and buzzer.
• Automatic time set — When you plug the clock in
for the first time, the current time will be shown in
the display (UK model only).
• Automatic Daylight Saving Time/Summer time
adjustment (UK model only).
• DST button to adjust Daylight Saving Time/
Summer time (for Australian model).
• Date button to display month, day and year.
• Brightness control (High/Middle/Low).
• No Power No Problem alarm system to keep the
clock and the alarm operating during a power
interruption with a CR2032 battery installed (UK
• Supplied CR2032 battery for backup power source
to keep the clock and alarm operating during a
power interruption (Australian model only).
• Extendable snooze — snooze time can be extended
from 10 to 60 minutes in maximum every time you
• Operate the unit on the power source specified in
• The nameplate indicating operating voltage, etc. is
located on the bottom of the unit.
• To disconnect the power cord (mains lead), pull it
out by the plug, not the cord.
• The unit is not disconnected from the AC power
source (mains) as long as it is connected to the wall
outlet, even if the unit itself has been turned off.
• Allow adequate air circulation to prevent internal
heat build-up. Do not place the unit on a surface (a
rug, blanket, etc.) or near materials (a curtain) that
might block the ventilation holes.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the unit,
unplug the unit and have it checked by a qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• To clean the casing, use a soft cloth dampened with
a mild detergent solution.
• Do not connect the antenna lead to the external
• To reduce the risk of fire, do not cover the
ventilation of the apparatus with newspapers,
tablecloths, curtains, etc. And do not place lighted
candles on the apparatus.
Disposal of Old Electrical &
(Applicable in the European
Union and other European
countries with separate
This symbol on the product or on its packaging
indicates that this product shall not be treated as
household waste. Instead it shall be handed over to the
applicable collection point for the recycling of
electrical and electronic equipment. By ensuring this
product is disposed of correctly, you will help prevent
potential negative consequences for the environment
and human health, which could otherwise be caused
by inappropriate waste handling of this product. The
recycling of materials will help to conserve natural
resources. For more detailed information about
recycling of this product, please contact your local
Civic Office, your household waste disposal service
or the shop where you purchased the product.
If you have any questions or problems
concerning your unit, please consult your
nearest Sony dealer.
87.5 – 108 MHz
530 – 1 710 kHz
inches) dia., 8 Ω
Approx. 6.6 cm (2
150 mW (at 10% harmonic distortion)
230 V AC, 50 Hz
For power backup: 3 V DC, one CR2032 battery
Approx. 155 × 82.8 × 151.5 mm (w/h/d)
× 6 inches) incl. projecting parts and
Approx. 536.8 g (1 lb 2.9 oz) incl. CR2032
battery: model for UK
Approx. 522 g (1 lb 2.4 oz) incl. CR2032 battery:
model for Australia
Design and specifications are subject to change
Should any problem occur with the unit, make the
following simple checks to determine whether or not
servicing is required.
If the problem persists, consult your nearest Sony
The clock flashes "AM 12:00" due to a power
• The battery is low. Replace the battery. Remove the
old battery and install a new one.
The radio or buzzer alarm does not sound at
the preset alarm time.
• Has the desired radio or buzzer alarm been
activated? (i.e., Does the
A (or B) indicator
The radio alarm is activated but no sound
comes on at the preset alarm time.
• Has VOLUME been adjusted?