5.2.3. Connection methods
Wire modiﬁ cation
• Remove insulation from wire attached to wire kit connector.
• Remove insulation from locally purchased cable. Use crimp type insulated butt
connector to join ﬁ eld cable and wire kit wire.
• Connect the wire with connecting wire with solder.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to insulate the connection between the wires.
External output wire
Solder and insulate the connected parts.
• Connecting wires to the terminals.
Use ring terminals with insulating sleeves to connect to the terminal block.
• Connection terminals and wiring arrangement
In following ﬁ gure, all the possible connections are done for description.
In actual installation, connections will differ according to each installation requirements.
6. REMOTE CONTROL INSTALLATION
• Be sure to turn off the electrical breaker before making settings.
• Do not set the DIP switch or rotary switch of this unit except as speciﬁ ed in this
manual or the operating manual supplied with the air conditioner.
• Setting the switches other than speciﬁ ed will cause an accident or trouble.
• Do not touch the circuit board and circuit board parts directly with your hands. Oth-
erwise, injury or electric shock could result.
• Use an insulated screwdriver to set the dip switches.