● Data not deleted
The following data is not deleted by resetting to factory settings:
– MAC address of the LAN interfaces
Restart after reset
● The gateway starts up without configuration data.
● The DHCP client function is disabled.
The gateway can only be reached over the default address data, refer to the section
Establishing a connection to the WBM (Page 42).
Device replacement in the event of a fault
If a fault develops, please send the device to your SIEMENS service center for repair.
Repairs on-site are not possible.
Replacing the gateway
• Before replacing the gateway, read the safety notices in the section Important notes on
• While working on the device make sure that the power supply is turned off.
When replacing the gateway follow the steps described in the section Installation (Page 28).
Transfer of the configuration data to the new gateway
If you have previously saved the configuration data of the gateway in a configuration file on a
PC, you can download the data to the device after connecting the PC to the gateway, refer to
the section Saving (Page 92).
Operating Instructions, 05/2019, C79000-G8976-C503-01
using the device (Page 25).
Diagnostics and maintenance
5.4 Device replacement in the event of a fault