Dog-eared corner of the leading edge of paper due to the curl
Dog-eared corner of the leading edge of paper due to the curl may occur when 2-sided printing is performed with media having
Depending on the type of media, downward curl is increased at post-fixing of the 1st side, and the media will have upward curl
when the 2nd side is fixed. Therefore the leading edge gets caught on the fixing upper cover (plate) and that leads to the above-
1) Have the customer log in from System Management Mode in user mode.
2) Go to Select Settings/Registration > Paper Settings > Paper Type Management Settings, select an appropriate paper type
from among the list, press "Duplicate" button and then "OK" button.
3) Enter any name as the duplicated paper type and press "OK" button.
4) Select the paper type duplicated in the step 3) and press "Details/Edit".
5) Select " Adj Paper Convey. (2-Sided) " and press "Change".
6) Change the value of " Adj Paper Convey. (2-Sided) " to "1" and press "OK" button.
The range of setting is from "-3" to "+3" ("0" by default).
7) Print the image which had the issue and ensure that the symptom does not occur.
If no improvement is seen, proceed to the step 8).
8) Select "Adjust Gross/Fine Black" and press "Change".
In case Adjust Gross/Fine Black will not be displayed on the control panel, change the setting value of Service Mode > Mode List
> COPIER > Option > DSPLY-SW > IMGC-ADJ to "1". The value is "0" by default.
9) Set "Gross" to -2 and press "OK". The configurable range is from -4 to +4. (Default 0)
10) Print the image which had the issue and ensure that the symptom does not occur.
If the symptom does not improve, look into other causes.