How to Care for Your BRAVIA
Safety is very important, please read and follow the safety documentation (Safety Booklet) separately
Unplug the unit and other connected equipment from the wall outlet
before you begin cleaning your unit.
• Wipe the LCD screen gently with a soft cloth.
• Stubborn stains may be removed with a cloth slightly moistened
with a solution of mild soap and warm water.
• If using a chemically pretreated cloth, please follow the instruction
provided on the package.
• Never use strong solvents such as a thinner, alcohol or benzine for cleaning.
• Do not plug in the unit into the wall outlet until the moisture from cleaning has evaporated.
The monitor should also be placed on a stable surface to prevent it from toppling over (see page 18 and 19). If
you have young children or pets at home, check regularly to insure the monitor is securely fastened.
Many problems with picture and sound quality are related to improper cable connection; refer to the Quick
Setup Guide provided for sample connections.
Things to consider
• Check the Input selection by pressing INPUT. You may be watching the wrong input.
• You may have accidentally pressed the MUTING button on your remote control; press MUTING again or
press VOL + to deactivate muting.
• The batteries may be installed incorrectly or may be low.
• An object or fluorescent light may be interfering with the remote control's operation.
• To reset the unit to factory default settings:
Turn on the unit.
While pressing V on the Remote Control, press POWER on the unit. (The unit will turn itself off,
then back on again.)
IMPORTANT: The reset will clear all of your customized settings including the Parental Lock setting.
If you have forgotten your password, enter the master password: 4357. This password clears your previous
password and allows you to enter a new password.
The online Reference Book (www.sony.com/referencebook) provides additional information on
troubleshooting. Contact Sony if you need further assistance.