1. Installing the TV
This TV can be mounted on a wall using a Wall-
Mount Bracket or placed on a TV stand (each sold
separately). This section will explain:
• How to carry the TV
• Preparation for a Table-Top stand
• Preparation for a Wall-Mount Bracket
• Installation against a wall or enclosed area
• Bundling the connecting cables
• Securing the TV
Carrying the TV
Be sure to follow these guidelines to protect your
property and avoid causing serious injury.
• Before carrying the TV, disconnect all cables.
• Carrying the large size TV requires two or more
• When carrying the TV, place your hand as
illustrated and hold it securely. Do not subject the
TV to shocks, vibration, or excessive force.
• Lift the TV by placing your palm directly
underneath the panel but do not:
• squeeze the speaker grill area
• place your fingers in the groove above the
speaker grill area
• put stress on the LCD panel.
• Do not lift the TV from the bottom center.
Preparation for Table-Top Stand
Follow the assembling steps required to place on a
TV stand (except model: KDL-52WL140).
Remove the Table-Top Stand and screws from
the carton. The screws can be found in the
For product protection and safety reasons,
Sony strongly recommends that you use the
screws provided with the TV.
Place the Table-Top Stand on a level and
Gently slide the TV unit onto the neck of the
Table-Top Stand and align the screw holes.
• Do not put stress on the LCD panel or the frame
around the screen.
• Be careful to not pinch your hands or the AC power
cord when you install the TV unit to the Table-Top
Use the supplied screws to attach the TV unit
to the Table-Top Stand (refer to the "Attaching
the Table-Top Stand" flyer).
If an electric
screwdriver is used, set
the torque to tighten at
1.5 N·m, 15 Kgf·cm.