Install and use the TV set in accordance
with the instructions below in order to
avoid any risk of fire, electrical shock or
damage and/or injuries.
• The TV set should be installed near an
easily accessible mains socket.
• Place the TV set on a stable, level
• Only qualified service personnel should
carry out wall installations.
• For safety reasons, it is strongly
recommended that you use Sony
– Wall-mount bracket
– Wall-hanging bracket
• Be sure to use the screws supplied with
the Wall-mount bracket when attaching
the mounting hooks to the TV set. The
supplied screws are designed so that they
are 8 mm to 12 mm in length when
measured from the attaching surface of
the mounting hook.
The diameter and length of the screws
differ depending on the Wall-mount
Use of screws other than those supplied
may result in internal damage to the TV
set or cause it to fall, etc.
8 mm - 12 mm
Screw (supplied with the
Hook attachment on rear
of TV set
TV set, disconnect
• Two or three
people are needed
to transport a large
• When transporting
the TV set by
hand, hold it as
shown on the
right. Do not put
stress on the LCD
panel and the
frame around the
• When lifting or moving the TV set, hold
it firmly from the bottom.
• When transporting the TV set, do not
subject it to jolts or excessive vibration.
• When transporting the TV set for repairs
or when moving, pack it using the
original carton and packing material.
• Never cover the ventilation holes or
insert anything in the cabinet.
• Leave space around the TV set as shown
• It is strongly recommended that you use
a Sony wall-mount bracket in order to
provide adequate air-circulation.
Installed on the wall
Leave at least this space around
Installed with stand
Leave at least this space around
• To ensure proper ventilation and prevent
the collection of dirt or dust:
– Do not lay the TV set flat, install
upside down, backwards, or
– Do not place the TV set on a shelf,
rug, bed or in a closet.
– Do not cover the TV set with a cloth,
such as curtains, or items such as
– Do not install the TV set as shown
Air circulation is blocked.
Handle the mains lead and socket as
follows in order to avoid any risk of fire,
electrical shock or damage and/or injuries:
– Use only mains leads supplied by
Sony, not other suppliers.
– Insert the plug fully into the mains
– Operate the TV set on a 220-240 V AC
– When wiring cables, be sure to unplug
the mains lead for your safety and take
care not to catch your feet on the
– Disconnect the mains lead from the
mains socket before working on or
moving the TV set.
– Keep the mains lead away from heat
– Unplug the mains plug and clean it
regularly. If the plug is covered with
dust and it picks up moisture, its
insulation may deteriorate, which
could result in a fire.
• Do not use the supplied mains lead on
any other equipment.
• Do not pinch, bend, or twist the mains
lead excessively. The core conductors
may be exposed or broken.
• Do not modify the mains lead.
• Do not put anything heavy on the mains
• Do not pull on the mains lead itself when
disconnecting the mains lead.
• Do not connect too many appliances to
the same mains socket.
• Do not use a poor fitting mains socket.
Do not install/use the TV set in locations,
environments or situations such as those
listed below, or the TV set may
malfunction and cause a fire, electrical
shock, damage and/or injuries.
Outdoors (in direct sunlight), at the
seashore, on a ship or other vessel, inside a
vehicle, in medical institutions, unstable
locations, near water, rain, moisture or
Places that are hot, humid, or excessively
dusty; where insects may enter; where it
might be exposed to mechanical vibration,
near flammable objects (candles, etc). The
TV set shall not be exposed to dripping or
splashing and no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on
Do not use when your hands are wet, with
the cabinet removed, or with attachments
not recommended by the manufacturer.
Disconnect the TV set from mains socket
and aerial during lightning storms.
• Do not throw anything at the TV set. The
screen glass may break by the impact
and cause serious injury.
• If the surface of the TV set cracks, do
not touch it until you have unplugged the
mains lead. Otherwise electric shock
When not in use
• If you will not be using the TV set for
several days, the TV set should be
disconnected from the mains for
environmental and safety reasons.
• As the TV set is not disconnected from
the mains when the TV set is just turned
off, pull the plug from the mains to
disconnect the TV set completely.
• However, some TV sets may have
features that require the TV set to be left
in standby to work correctly.
• Do not allow children to climb on the
• Keep small accessories out of the reach
of children, so that they are not
If the following problems
Turn off the TV set and unplug the mains
lead immediately if any of the following