Using BRAVIA Sync with
Control for HDMI
The Control for HDMI function enables the
TV to communicate with the connected
equipment that is compatible with the
function, using HDMI CEC (Consumer
For example, by connecting Sony equipment
that is compatible with Control for HDMI
(with HDMI cables), you can control them
Be sure to connect the equipment correctly,
and make the necessary settings.
Control for HDMI
• Automatically turns the connected
equipment off when you switch the TV to
standby mode using the remote.
• Automatically turns the TV on and
switches the input to the connected
equipment when the equipment starts to
• If you turn on a connected audio system
while the TV is on, the sound output
switches from the TV speaker to the audio
• Adjusts the volume (2 +/–) and mutes the
sound (%) of a connected audio system.
• You can operate the connected Sony
equipment that has the BRAVIA Sync logo
by the TV remote by pressing:
– m/N/X/M/x to operate the connected
– SYNC MENU to display the menu of the connected
HDMI equipment on the screen.
After displaying the menu, you can operate the
menu screen by using F/f/G/g,
– OPTIONS to display "Device Control", then select
options from "Options" and "Content List" to
operate the equipment.
– Refer to the instruction manual of the equipment for
• If "Control for HDMI" of the TV is set to
"On", "Control for HDMI" of the
connected equipment is also automatically
switched to "On".
To connect the equipment that is
compatible with Control for HDMI
Connect the compatible equipment and the TV
with an HDMI cable. When connecting an
audio system, be sure to also connect the
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) jack of
the TV and the audio system using an optical
audio cable (page 22).
To make the Control for HDMI settings
The Control for HDMI settings must be set on
both the TV side and connected equipment
side. See "HDMI Set-up" (page 40) for the TV
side settings. For settings on the connected
equipment, refer to the operating instructions
for that equipment.
, colour buttons,