Recording and Playback
Discs Used for Recording and
This unit uses the following disc for recording and
PFD23 Professional Disc
1) Professional Disc is a trademark of Sony Corporation.
It is not possible to use the following discs for recording or
• Blu-ray Disc
• Professional Disc for Data
Notes on Handling
The Professional Disc is housed in a cartridge, and is
designed to allow handling free of risk from dust or
fingerprints. However, if the cartridge is subjected to a
severe shock, for example by dropping it, this can result in
damage or scratching of the disc. If the disc is scratched, it
may be impossible to record video/audio, or to play back
the content recorded on the disc. The discs should be
handled and stored carefully.
• Do not touch the surface of the disc itself within the
• Deliberately opening the shutter may cause damage.
• Do not disassemble the cartridge.
• The supplied adhesive labels are recommended for
indexing discs. Apply the label in the correct position.
• Do not store discs where they may be subjected to direct
sunlight, or in other places where the temperature or
humidity is high.
(capacity 23.3 GB)
• Do not leave cartridges where dust may get inside.
• Store cartridges in their cases.
Care of the discs
• Remove dust and dirt on the outside of a cartridge using
a soft dry cloth.
• If condensation forms, allow ample time to dry before
To protect the content recorded on the disc from accidental
erasure, move the Write Inhibit tab on the lower surface of
the disc in the direction of the arrow, as shown in the
Lower surface of the disc
Slide in the direction of the arrow
Write Inhibit tab settings
You can also write protect individual clips. For details, see
"Locking (Write-protecting) Clips" (page 54).
Loading and Unloading a Disc
When the on/standby switch indicator is lit green, you can
load and unload a disc as shown in the following figure.
Write Inhibit tab