Simple Start Guide
A quick overview presented in this guide
will give you enough information to start
using the player for your enjoyment. To use
the surround sound features of this player,
refer to "Hookups" on page 18.
• You cannot connect this player to a TV that does
not have a video input jack.
• Be sure to disconnect the power cord (mains
lead) of each component before connecting.
Step 1: Unpacking
Check that you have the following items:
• Audio/video cord (pinplug
• Remote commander (remote) (1)
• R6 (size AA) batteries (2)
• A plug adaptor is included with some
Step 2: Inserting
Batteries into the
You can control the player using the supplied
remote. Insert two R6 (size AA) batteries by
matching the 3 and # ends on the batteries
to the markings inside the compartment.
When using the remote, point it at the
3 y pinplug
• Do not leave the remote in an extremely hot or
• Do not drop any foreign object into the remote
casing, particularly when replacing the batteries.
• Do not expose the remote sensor to direct light
from the sun or a lighting apparatus. Doing so
may cause a malfunction.
• If you do not use the remote for an extended
period of time, remove the batteries to avoid
possible damage from battery leakage and
on the player.