To return to side A
Press FLIP again.
• You can also flip the disc by pressing the FLIP
button on the player.
• Once a disc has been flipped,
the Disc Explorer (except for DVD-RWs).
Super Car Chase
For more information about the Disc Explorer,
see page 52.
• Playback does not continue from side A to side B.
• Side B contents are not played even if you select
the "ALL DISCS" mode.
• Program Play, Repeat Play, Bookmark, Disc
Explorer, or Shuffle Play cannot be set with side
• Playback Memory settings are not effective for
• When you flip the disc, Program Play, Repeat
Play, and Shuffle Play settings for side A are
Searching for a
Particular Point on a
(Search, Scan, Slow-motion
Play, Freeze Frame)
You can quickly locate a particular point on a
disc by monitoring the picture or playing back
Depending on the DVD/VIDEO CD, you may not
be able to do some of the operations described.
Locating a point quickly (Search)
During playback, keep pressing
locate a point in the playback direction at the
"FF1M"* speed or keep pressing c
locate a point in the opposite direction at the
"FR1m"* speed. When you find the point
you want, release the button to return to
normal playback speed.
The "FF1M"/"FR1m" playback speed is
the same as the scan speed and click shuttle
speed described on page 38.