On power sources
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet if you do not
intend to use it for an extended period of time. To
disconnect the cord, pull it out by the plug, never by
• Place the system in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the system.
• At high volume, over long periods of time, the cabinet
becomes hot to the touch. This is not a malfunction.
However, touching the cabinet should be avoided. Do
not place the unit in a confined space where
ventilation is poor as this may cause overheating.
• Do not block the ventilation slots by putting anything
on the system. The system is equipped with a high
power amplifier. If the ventilation slots are blocked,
the unit can overheat and malfunction.
• Do not place the unit on surfaces (rugs, blankets, etc.)
or near materials (curtains, draperies) that may block
the ventilation slots.
• Do not install the unit near heat sources such as
radiators, or air ducts, or in a place subject to direct
sunlight, excessive dust, mechanical vibration, or
• Do not install the unit in an inclined position. It is
designed to be operated in a horizontal position only.
• Keep the unit and discs away from equipment with
strong magnets, such as microwave ovens, or large
• Do not place heavy objects on the unit.
• If the system is brought directly from a cold to a warm
location, or is placed in a very damp room, moisture
may condense on the lenses inside the control unit.
Should this occur, the system may not operate
properly. In this case, remove the disc and leave the
system turned on for about half an hour until the
• When you move the system, take out any disc. If you
don't, the disc may be damaged.
• If anything falls into the cabinet, unplug the unit and
have it checked by qualified personnel before
operating it any further.
On adjusting volume
• Do not turn up the volume while listening to a section
with very low level inputs or no audio signals. If you
do, the speakers may be damaged when a peak level
section is suddenly played.
• Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a soft cloth
slightly moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do
not use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder or
solvent such as alcohol or benzine.
If you have any questions or problems concerning
your system, please consult your nearest Sony dealer.
On cleaning discs, disc/lens
• Do not use cleaning discs or disc/lens cleaners
(including wet or spray types). These may cause
the apparatus to malfunction.
On your TV's color
• If the speakers should cause the TV screen to have
color irregularity, turn off the TV then turn it on after
15 to 30 minutes. If color irregularity should persist,
place the speakers further away from the TV set.
Caution: This system is capable of holding a still
video image or on-screen display image on your
television screen indefinitely. If you leave the still
video image or on-screen display image displayed
on your TV for an extended period of time you risk
permanent damage to your television screen.
Projection televisions are especially susceptible to
On moving the system
Press FUNCTION repeatedly to select
Make sure that all discs are removed from
Press H and "/1 simultaneously.
"MECHA LOCK" appears in the front panel
display after "STANDBY."
Remove the AC power cord (mains lead)
from the wall outlet (mains).