Step 3: Positioning the
Positioning the speakers
For the best possible surround sound, all the
speakers other than the subwoofer should be
placed at the same distance from the listening
Place speakers as illustrated below.
• Do not set the speakers in an inclined position.
• Do not place the speakers in locations that are:
– Extremely hot or cold
– Dusty or dirty
– Very humid
– Subject to vibrations
– Subject to direct sunlight
• Use caution when placing the speakers and/or
speaker stands that are attached with the speakers on
a specially treated (waxed, oiled, polished, etc.) floor,
as staining or discoloration may result.
• When cleaning, use a soft cloth such as a cleaning
cloth for glasses.
• Do not use any type of abrasive pad, scouring
powder, or solvent such as alcohol or benzine.
• Do not lean or hang on the speaker, as the speaker
may fall down.
• When you change the positions of the speakers, it is
recommended that you change the settings. For
details, see "Getting Optimal Surround Sound for a
Room" (page 82) and "Calibrating the Appropriate
Settings Automatically" (page 84).
Step 4: Performing the
Follow the steps below to make the minimum
number of basic adjustments for using the
Turn on the TV.
• Disconnect the headphones when you perform
the Quick Setup. You cannot operate steps after
11 with the headphones connected.
• Make sure that the function is set to "DVD"
Switch the input selector on your TV so
that the signal from the system
appears on the TV screen.
] to run QUICK SETUP.]
appears at the bottom of the TV screen. If
this message does not appear, recall the
Quick Setup display (page 26) and perform
without inserting a disc.
The Setup Display for selecting the
language used in the on-screen display