Selects the metering mode that sets which part of the subject to measure to determine the
Spot (Spot metering)
• For details on the exposure t page 11
• When using spot metering or center-weighted metering, setting  (Focus) to [Center AF] is
recommended to focus on the metering position (page 34).
WB (White Bal)
Adjusts the color tones according to the lighting condition in a situation, for example, when
the colors of an image look strange.
• For details on the white balance t page 12
• Under fluorescent lights that flicker, the white balance function may not work correctly even though you
• Except in [
] (Flash) modes, [WB] is set to [Auto] when the flash strobes.
• Some options are not available depending on the Scene mode (page 26).
Measures only a part of the subject.
• This function is useful when the subject is backlit or when there
is strong contrast between the subject and the background.
Measures the center of the image, and determines the
exposure based on the brightness of the subject there.
Divides into multiple regions and measures each region. The
camera determines a well-balanced exposure.
Adjusts for the flash conditions.
• You cannot select this item when shooting movies.
Adjusts for places where the lighting conditions change
quickly such as at a party hall, or under bright lighting such as
at photography studios.
Adjusts for fluorescent lighting.
Adjusts for a cloudy sky.
Adjusts for outdoors, shooting night scenes, neon signs,
fireworks, or sunrise, or conditions before and after sundown.
Adjusts the White Balance automatically.
For details on the operation
Spot metering cross hairs
Positions on the subject