Danger to life through unexpected movement of machines when using mobile wireless
devices or mobile phones
Using mobile radios or mobile phones with a transmit power > 1 W closer than approx. 2 m
to the components may cause the devices to malfunction, influence the functional safety of
machines therefore putting people at risk or cause material damage.
• When close to components, switch off all wireless devices and mobile phones.
Danger to life due to the motor catching fire in the event of insulation overload
There is a greater load on the motor insulation as result of a ground fault in an IT system. A
possible result is the failure of the insulation with a risk for personnel as a result of fire and
• Use a monitoring device that signals an insulation fault.
• Correct the fault as quickly as possible so the motor insulation is not overloaded.
Danger to life due to fire if overheating occurs because of insufficient ventilation clearances
Inadequate ventilation clearances can cause overheating with a risk for personnel as a
result of fire and smoke. This can also result in increased downtime and reduced service
lives of devices/systems.
• Ensure compliance with the specified minimum clearances as ventilation clearance for
Danger of an accident occurring due to missing or illegible warning labels
Missing or illegible warning labels can result in death or serious injury.
• Check the warning labels are complete based on the documentation.
• Attach any missing warning labels to the components, in the national language if
• Replace illegible warning labels.
Terminal Module 150 (TM150)
Operating Instructions, 04/2014, A5E03758735A
the respective component. They can be found in the dimension drawings or in the
"Product-specific safety instructions" at the start of the respective section.
1.1 General safety instructions