Warning on power connections
• Use the supplied power cord. If you use a different power cord,
be sure that it is compatible with your local power supply.
For the customers in the U.S.A.
If you do not use the appropriate cord, this display will not
conform to mandatory FCC standards.
For the customers in the UK
If you use the display in the UK, be sure to use the appropriate
UK power cord.
Example of plug types
for 100 to 120 V AC
for 200 to 240 V AC
The equipment should be installed near an easily accessible outlet.
Do not install or leave the display:
• In places subject to extreme temperatures, for example near a
radiator, heating vent, or in direct sunlight. Subjecting the
display to extreme temperatures, such as in an automobile
parked in direct sunlight or near a heating vent, could cause
deformations of the casing or malfunctions.
• In places subject to mechanical vibration or shock.
• Near any equipment that generates a strong magnetic field,
such as a TV or various other household appliances.
• In places subject to inordinate amounts of dust, dirt, or sand, for
example near an open window or an outdoor exit. If setting up
temporarily in an outdoor environment, be sure to take
adequate precautions against airborne dust and dirt. Otherwise
irreparable malfunctions could occur.
Handling the LCD screen
• Do not leave the LCD screen facing the sun as it can damage
the LCD screen. Take care when you place the display by a
• Do not push on or scratch the LCD screen. Do not place a heavy
object on the LCD screen. This may cause the screen to lose
uniformity or cause LCD panel malfunctions.
• If the display is used in a cold place, a residual image may
appear on the screen. This is not a malfunction. The screen
returns to normal as the temperature rises to a normal operating
• If a still picture is displayed for a long time, a residual image
may appear for a while. The residual image will eventually
• The LCD panel becomes warm during operation. This is not a
Note on the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
Please note that the LCD screen is made with high-
precision technology. However, black points or bright
points of light (red, blue, or green) may appear
constantly on the LCD screen, and irregular colored
stripes or brightness may appear on the LCD screen.
This is not malfunction.
(Effective dots: more than 99.99%)
• Be sure to unplug the power cord from the power outlet before
• Clean the LCD screen with a soft cloth. If you use a glass
• Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a soft cloth lightly
for 240 V AC only
• Do not rub, touch, or tap the surface of the screen with sharp or
• Note that material deterioration or LCD screen coating
• Disconnect all the cables from the display. If you use a height
• When you transport this display for repair or shipment, use the
• Replace the stopper pin for the height adjustable stand to fix the
Disposal of the display
• Do not dispose of this display with general
• The fluorescent tube used in this display contains
For customers in the United States
This product contains mercury. Disposal of this product may be
regulated if sold in the United States. For disposal or recycling
information, please contact your local authorities or the
Electronics Industries Alliance (http://www.eiae.org).
cleaning your display.
cleaning liquid, do not use any type of cleaner containing an
anti-static solution or similar additive as this may scratch the
LCD screen's coating.
moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do not use any type
of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or solvent, such as alcohol or
abrasive items such as a ballpoint pen or screwdriver. This type
of contact may result in a scratched picture tube.
degradation may occur if the display is exposed to volatile
solvents such as insecticide, or if prolonged contact is
maintained with rubber or vinyl materials.
adjustable stand adjust its height to the highest position and
hold both sides of the LCD display securely. Be careful not to
scratch the screen when transporting. If you drop the display,
you may injured or the display may be damaged.
original carton and packing materials.
stand during the transportation.
mercury. Disposal of this display must be carried out
in accordance to the regulations of your local