Warning on power connections
• Use the supplied power cord. If you use a different power cord,
be sure that it is compatible with your local power supply.
For the customers in the U.S.A.
If you do not use the appropriate cord, this display will not
conform to mandatory FCC standards.
For the customers in the UK
If you use the display in the UK, be sure to use the appropriate
UK power cord.
Example of plug types
for 100 to 120 V AC
for 200 to 240 V AC
The equipment should be installed near an easily accessible outlet.
Do not install or leave the display:
• In places subject to extreme temperatures, for example near a
radiator, heating vent, or in direct sunlight. Subjecting the
display to extreme temperatures, such as in an automobile
parked in direct sunlight or near a heating vent, could cause
deformations of the casing or malfunctions.
• In places subject to mechanical vibration or shock.
• The ventilation should not be impeded by covering the
ventilation openings with items, such as newspapers, table-
cloths, curtains, etc.
• Leave some space around the unit. Otherwise, adequate air-
circulation may be blocked causing overheating and cause fire
or damage the unit.
• Near any equipment that generates a strong magnetic field,
such as a TV or various other household appliances.
• In places subject to inordinate amounts of dust, dirt, or sand, for
example near an open window or an outdoor exit. If setting up
temporarily in an outdoor environment, be sure to take
adequate precautions against airborne dust and dirt. Otherwise
irreparable malfunctions could occur.
• To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this
Apparatus to rain or moisture.
• Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no
objects filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the
• To prevent fire, keep inflammable objects or naked lights (e.g.
candles) away from the unit.
• Do not place the unit near or over a radiator or heat register, or
where it is exposed to direct sunlight.
Handling the LCD screen
• Do not leave the LCD screen facing the sun as it can damage
the LCD screen. Take care when you place the display by a
for 240 V AC only
• Do not push on or scratch the LCD screen. Do not place a heavy
object on the LCD screen. This may cause the screen to lose
uniformity or cause LCD panel malfunctions.
• If the display is used in a cold place, a residual image may
appear on the screen. This is not a malfunction. The screen
returns to normal as the temperature rises to a normal operating
• If a still picture is displayed for a long time, a residual image
may appear for a while. The residual image will eventually
• The LCD panel becomes warm during operation. This is not a
About the built-in stereo speakers
Be sure to keep magnetic recording equipment, tapes, and floppy
discs away from the speaker's opening as the speakers generate a
magnetic field. This magnetic field may affect data stored on
magnetic tapes and discs.
Note on the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
Please note that the LCD screen is made with high-precision
technology. However, black points or bright points of light (red,
blue, or green) may appear constantly on the LCD screen, and
irregular colored stripes or brightness may appear on the LCD
screen. This is not malfunction.
(Effective dots: more than 99.99%)
• Be sure to unplug the power cord from the power outlet before
cleaning your display.
• Clean the LCD screen with a soft cloth. If you use a glass
cleaning liquid, do not use any type of cleaner containing an
anti-static solution or similar additive as this may scratch the
LCD screen's coating.
• Clean the cabinet, panel, and controls with a soft cloth lightly
moistened with a mild detergent solution. Do not use any type
of abrasive pad, scouring powder, or solvent, such as alcohol or
• Do not rub, touch, or tap the surface of the screen with sharp or
abrasive items such as a ballpoint pen or screwdriver. This type
of contact may result in a scratched picture tube.
• Note that material deterioration or LCD screen coating
degradation may occur if the display is exposed to volatile
solvents such as insecticide, or if prolonged contact is
maintained with rubber or vinyl materials.
• Disconnect all cables from the display, and grasp both side of
the LCD display firmly taking care not to scratch the screen
when transporting. If you drop the display, you may be injured
or the display may be damaged.
• When you transport this display for repair or shipment, use the
original carton and packing materials.
Disposal of the display
• Do not dispose of this display with general
• The fluorescent tube used in this display contains
mercury. Disposal of this display must be carried out
in accordance to the regulations of your local
Disposal of used batteries
To preserve our environment, dispose the used batteries
according to your local laws or regulations.