• Operate the unit on 100-240 V AC only.
• The nameplate indicating operating voltage, etc. is
located on the AC adaptor.
• Should any solid object or liquid fall into the cabinet,
unplug the unit and have it checked by qualified
personnel before operating it any further.
• Unplug the unit from the wall outlet if it is not to be
used for several days or more.
• To disconnect the AC power cord, pull it out by
grasping the plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment
and shall be easily accessible.
• Prevent internal heat build-up allowing adequate air
Do not place the unit on surfaces (rugs, blankets, etc.)
or near materials (curtains, draperies) that may block
the ventilation holes.
• Do not install the unit near heat sources such as
radiators or air ducts, or in a place subject to direct
sunlight, excessive dust, mechanical vibration or
• Do not place the monitor near equipment which
generates magnetism, such as a transformer or high
voltage power lines.
About the LCD Display Panel
• Although the LCD display panel is made with high-
precision technology, black dots may appear or bright
points of light (red, blue, or green) may appear
constantly on the LCD screen. And a color shade or
bight shade may appear according to a viewing angle.
These are structural properties of the LCD panel and
are not malfunctions.
• The LCD panel fitted to this unit is manufactured with
high precision technology, giving a functioning pixel
ratio of at least 99.99%. Thus a very small proportion
of pixels may be "stuck", either always off (black),
always on (red, green, or blue), or flashing. In
addition, over a long period of use, because of the
physical characteristics of the liquid crystal display,
such "stuck" pixels may appear spontaneously. These
problems are not a malfunction.
• Do not leave the LCD screen facing the sun as it can
damage the LCD screen. Take care when you place the
unit by a window.
• Do not push or scratch the LCD monitor's screen. Do
not place a heavy object on the LCD monitor's screen.
This may cause the screen to lose uniformity.
• If the unit is used in a cold place, a residual image may
appear on the screen. This is not a malfunction. When
the monitor becomes warm, the screen returns to
• If a still picture is displayed for a long time, a residual
image may appear. The residual image will eventually
• The screen and the cabinet become warm during
operation. This is not a malfunction.
About the Fluorescent Tube
A specially designed fluorescent tube is installed as the
lighting apparatus for this unit. If the LCD screen
becomes dark, unstable or does not turn on, consult your
Be sure to disconnect the AC power cord from the AC
On cleaning the monitor
A material that withstands disinfection is used for the
front protection plate of the medical use LCD monitor.
The protection plate surface is especially treated to
reduce reflection of light. When solvents such as
benzene or thinner, or acid, alkaline or abrasive
detergent, or chemical cleaning cloth are used for the
protection plate surface/monitor surface, the
performance of the monitor may be impaired or the
finish of the surface may be damaged. Take care with
respect to the following:
• Clean the protection plate surface/monitor surface
with a 50 to 70 v/v% concentration of isopropyl
alcohol or a 76.9 to 81.4 v/v% concentration of
ethanol using a swab method. Wipe the protection
plate surface gently (wipe using less than 1 N force).
• Stubborn stains may be removed with a soft cloth such
as a cleaning cloth lightly dampened with mild
detergent solution using a swab method and then clean
using the above chemical solution.
Never use solvents such as benzene or thinner, or acid,
alkaline or abrasive detergent, or chemical cleaning
cloth for cleaning or disinfection, as they will damage
the protection plate surface/monitor surface.
• Do not use unnecessary force to rub the protection
plate surface/monitor surface with a stained cloth.