Cleaning Paper Feed Rollers
If the paper feed roller is dirty or paper powder is attached to it, paper may not be fed properly.
In this case, clean the paper feed roller. Cleaning will wear out the paper feed roller, so perform this only
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
Check that printer is turned on.
2. Remove any paper from paper source to clean rollers.
• If a message appears on the screen, check it and then press the OK button.
3. Press the Setup button, use the
LCD and Operation Panel
4. Clean the paper feed rollers without paper.
The paper feed roller will rotate as it is cleaned without paper.
5. Clean the paper feed rollers with paper.
1. Make sure paper feed rollers have stopped rotating, and then load three sheets of A4 or
Letter-sized plain paper in paper source selected in step 4.
Loading Paper in the Rear Tray
Loading Paper in the Cassette
2. Press the OK button.
The printer starts cleaning. The cleaning will be complete when the paper is ejected.
If the problem is not resolved after cleaning the paper feed roller, contact your nearest Canon service center
to request a repair.
button to select Roller Cleaning and press OK button.
button to select paper source (Cassette or Rear tray) to clean rollers and press
button to select Maintenance, and press the OK