Do not use/store the camera in the following places
• In an extremely hot, cold or humid place
In places such as in a car parked in the sun, the camera body may become deformed and this may cause a
• Under direct sunlight or near a heater
The camera body may become discolored or deformed, and this may cause a malfunction.
• In a location subject to rocking vibration
• Near strong magnetic fields
• In sandy or dusty places
Be careful not to let sand or dust get into the camera. This may cause the camera to malfunction, and in
some cases may be irreparable.
Do not sit down in a chair or other place with the camera in the back pocket of your trousers or skirt, as this
may cause malfunction or damage the camera.
Cleaning the LCD screen
Wipe the screen surface with an LCD cleaning kit (sold separately) to remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the lens
Wipe the lens with a soft cloth to remove fingerprints, dust, etc.
Cleaning the camera surface
Clean the camera surface with a soft cloth slightly moistened with water, then wipe the surface with a dry
cloth. Do not use any of the following as they may damage the finish or the casing.
– Chemical products such as thinner, benzine, alcohol, disposable cloths, insect repellent, sunscreen or
– Do not touch the camera with any of the above on your hand.
– Do not leave the camera in contact with rubber or vinyl for a long time.
On operating temperatures
Your camera is designed for use under the temperatures between 0°C and 40°C (32°F and 104°F). Shooting
in extremely cold or hot places that exceed this range is not recommended.
On moisture condensation
If the camera is brought directly from a cold to a warm location, moisture may condense inside or outside
the camera. This moisture condensation may cause a malfunction of the camera.
If moisture condensation occurs
Turn off the camera and wait about an hour for the moisture to evaporate.
Note on disposal/transfer
• When using the software pre-loaded on the internal memory, personal information such as IDs and mail
addresses may be saved on the internal memory of the camera. Before changing ownership of the camera,
or before disposal, delete any personal information.
• Even if you delete data in the internal memory or format the camera, you may not delete data from the
internal memory completely. When you dispose of the camera, it is recommended that you destroy the
actual body of the camera.