If you experience trouble with the camera, try the following solutions.
1 Check the items on pages 62 to 67.
2 Turn the power off and then on again.
3 Press and hold the ON/OFF (Power) button for at least 7
seconds, and force-quit the camera. Then turn the camera on
again (page 13).
4 Consult your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony service
Be aware that by sending the camera for repair, you give consent that the contents of the internal
memory, music files may be checked.
Additional information on this product and answers to frequently asked questions can
be found at our Customer Support Website.
Battery pack and power
Cannot turn on the camera.
• The battery pack is discharged. Charge the camera.
The power turns off suddenly.
• Depending on the camera and battery temperature, the power may turn off automatically to protect
the camera. In this case, a message is displayed on the LCD screen before the power turns off.
• If you do not operate the camera for a certain period of time while the power is on, the camera turns
off automatically to prevent wearing down the battery pack. Turn the camera on again.
Battery life is short.
• Charge the battery until the charge lamp disappears.
• You are using the camera in an extremely hot or cold location, or the charging is insufficient. This is
not a malfunction.
• If you have not used the camera for a prolonged period, the efficiency of the battery will be improved
by repeatedly charging and discharging it.
• When usable battery life becomes half the usual time, even after charging the battery fully, the battery
may need to be replaced. Consult your nearest Sony dealer.