A remote computer can be connected to this unit and used
to operate on recorded data which has been saved in data
files, such as video and audio data files.
Use FAM (file access mode) for the computer connection.
Overview / File Operations in File Access Mode
File Operations in File
File access mode operating environment
Operating system requirements for file operations by file
access mode are as follows.
• Computer operating system: Microsoft Windows
2000 Service Pack 4 or higher, or Microsoft
Do the following on the remote computer and this unit.
• Install the FAM driver on the remote computer (see the
• In the setup menu, set INTERFACE SELECT >i.LINK
MODE to "FAM (PC REMOTE)" (see page 71).
To install the FAM driver
Insert the supplied CD-ROM (PDZ-1 Proxy Browsing
Software) in the CD-ROM drive of the computer and
execute the Setup.exe file, then follow the installation
For details, refer to the ReadMe file contained on the CD-
Making FAM Connections
Proceed as follows.
If there is a disc loaded in this unit, put the unit into the
• Recording, playback, search and other disc
• THUMBNAIL button (see page 12): Off