UTILITY PACKAGE (SW1DNC-EIPUTL-E)
7.8 Exporting Setting Data
7.8.1 Exporting label data for GX Works2
(a) Label names
• Up to 32 characters can be used for a label name.
• Case-sensitive label names cannot be used. (Label names are not case-
• Names of tasks, structures, and program parts cannot be used as label
• Structures cannot be used in stages (nesting).
• The first character of a label name should not be a one-byte numeric
• Spaces cannot be used in label names.
• There are certain characters that cannot be used in label names.
GX Works2 Version 1 Operating Manual (Common)
(b) Label data
• The size of label data is large. Before saving label data in a CPU module,
check the memory size of the CPU module first.
• The data types of labels that are compatible with Utility Package are word
(INT) and double word (DINT) only.
• When using the Data Type registered in the "User Define" window, ensure
that the Data Type contains less than 32 one-byte alphanumeric characters.
• Check that GX Works2 is not activated before the label data in Utility
Package are exported.
Failure to do so, the label data are not exported.