CHAPTER 5 PRE-OPERATION PROCEDURES
This chapter describes information including procedures before connecting the
EtherNet/IP module to the EtherNet/IP network and wiring.
This section describes the handling precautions on the process from unpacking to
mounting the EtherNet/IP module.
For details, refer to the following manual.
The following are handling precautions for the EtherNet/IP module itself.
(1) Since the module case is made of resin, do not drop the module or apply a
(2) Do not disassemble or modify the module.
(3) Prevent foreign matter such as dust or wire chips from entering the module.
(4) Do not remove the printed circuit board of the module from the case.
(5) Tighten the module fixing screws within the following range.
5.1.1 Handling precautions
QCPU User's Manual (Hardware Design, Maintenance and Inspection)
strong impact to it.
Doing so may damage the module.
Doing so may cause failure, malfunction, injury, or a fire.
Such foreign matter can cause a fire, failure, or malfunction.
Doing so may cause a failure.
Module fixing screw (M3 screw)
* 1 The module can be easily fixed to the base unit using a hook located on the top of the module.
However, it is recommended to secure the module with module fixing screws if the module is
subject to frequent vibrations.
Table 5.1 Screw tightening torque
Tightening torque range
0.36 to 0.48N•m