Check that you received the following items:
• Audio connecting cord (1)
• Remote commander (remote) (1)
• Sony SUM-3 (NS) batteries (2)
• CD booklet holder (1) and labels (2)
How to use the CD booklet holder
The CD booklet holder helps you locate the disc easily.
After you have inserted discs into the player, you can put
the CD booklet (which comes with a CD) in the supplied
holder. Put 2 CD booklets facing back to back into a
pocket. Stick the number label on each pocket, matching
the number of the disc slit where you have inserted the
disc. You can put up to 100 CD booklets into the holder.
Inserting batteries into the remote
You can control the player using the supplied remote.
Insert two R6 (size AA) batteries by matching the +
and – on the batteries. When using the remote, point it
at the remote sensor g on the player.
When to replace batteries
With normal use, the batteries should last for about six
months. When the remote no longer operates the player,
replace all the batteries with new ones.
• Do not leave the remote near an extremely hot or humid
• Do not drop any foreign object into the remote casing,
particularly when replacing the batteries.
• Do not expose the remote sensor to direct sunlight or
lighting apparatuses. Doing so may cause a malfunction.
• If you do not use the remote for an extended period of time,
remove the batteries to avoid possible damage from battery
leakage and corrosion.
Hooking Up the System
This section describes how to hook up the CD player to
an amplifier. Be sure to turn off the power of each
component before making the connections.
To an AC outlet
To line output (R)
To audio input
: Signal flow
What cords will I need?
Audio cord (supplied) (1)
To line output (L)
To an AC outlet