• The volume is too low.
• The ATT function is activated, or the Telephone ATT
function (when the interface cable of a car telephone
is connected to the ATT lead) is activated.
• The position of the fader control "FAD" is not set for
a 2-speaker system.
• The CD changer is incompatible with the disc (MP3/
t Play back with a Sony MP3 compatible CD
changer, or this unit.
No beep sound.
• The beep sound is canceled (page 17).
• An optional power amplifier is connected and you are
not using the built-in amplifier.
The contents of the memory have been erased.
• The RESET button has been pressed.
t Store again into the memory.
• The power supply lead or battery has been
• The power supply lead is not connected properly.
Stored stations and correct time are erased.
The fuse has blown.
Makes noise when the position of the ignition
The leads are not matched correctly with the car's
accessory power connector.
During playback or reception, demonstration
If no operation is performed for 5 minutes with "Demo
on" set, demonstration mode starts.
t Set "Demo off" (page 17).
The display disappears from/does not appear
in the display window.
• The dimmer is set "Dimmer on" (page 18).
• The display disappears if you press and hold (OFF).
t Press and hold (OFF) on the unit until the
• The connectors are dirty (page 23).
The Auto Off function does not operate.
The unit is turned on. The Auto Off function activates
after turning off the unit.
t Turn off the unit.
Card remote commander operation is not
Make sure the insulation film has been removed
DSO does not function.
Depending on the type of car interior or type of music,
DSO may not have a desirable effect.
The images change automatically.
In Auto Image mode, the selected image cannot be
t To display selected image only, set to "Auto Image
off" (page 18).
Any display items do not display.
t Set to "Info All" (page 18).
Cannot adjust the volume level
The portable audio device was not connected when
AUX was selected as (SOURCE).
t Connect the portable audio device to the AUX input
The disc cannot be loaded.
• Another disc is already loaded.
• The disc has been forcibly inserted upside down or in
the wrong way.
The disc does not playback.
• Defective or dirty disc.
• The CD-Rs/CD-RWs are not for audio use (page 21).
MP3/WMA/AAC files take longer to play back
The following discs take a longer time to start
– a disc recorded with a complicated tree structure.
– a disc recorded in Multi Session.
– a disc to which data can be added.
The display items do not scroll.
• For discs with very many characters, those may not
• "Auto Scroll" is set to off.
t Set to "Auto Scroll on" (page 18) or press
(SCRL) on the card remote commander.
The sound skips.
• Installation is not correct.
t Install the unit at an angle of less than 45° in a
sturdy part of the car.
• Defective or dirty disc.
The operation buttons do not function.
The disc will not eject.
Press the RESET button (page 5).
The stations cannot be received.
The sound is hampered by noises.
• Connect a power antenna (aerial) control lead (blue)
or accessory power supply lead (red) to the power
supply lead of a car's antenna (aerial) booster (only
when your car has built-in FM/MW/LW antenna
(aerial) in the rear/side glass).
• Check the connection of the car antenna (aerial).
• The auto antenna (aerial) will not go up.
t Check the connection of the power antenna
(aerial) control lead.
• Check the frequency.
• When the DSO mode is on, the sound is sometimes
hampered by noises.
t Set the DSO mode to "off" (page 16).
Preset tuning is not possible.
• Store the correct frequency in the memory.
• The broadcast signal is too weak.
continue to next page t