Resetting the unit
Before operating the unit for the first time, or
after replacing the car battery or changing the
connections, you must reset the unit.
Remove the front panel and press the RESET
button with a pointed object, such as a ball-
Pressing the RESET button will erase the clock
setting and some memorized functions.
Detaching the front panel
You can detach the front panel of this unit to
protect the unit from being stolen.
Press (RELEASE), then slide the front
panel a little to the left, and pull it off
• Be sure not to drop the panel when detaching it
from the unit.
• If you detach the panel while the unit is still
turned on, the power will turn off automatically
to prevent the speakers from being damaged.
• When carrying the front panel with you, use the
supplied front panel case.
Attaching the front panel
Attach part A of the front panel to part B of
the unit as illustrated and push the left side
into position until it clicks.
• Be sure not to attach the front panel upside
• Do not press the front panel too hard against the
unit when attaching it.
• Do not press too hard or put excessive pressure
on the display window of the front panel.
• Do not expose the front panel to direct sunlight
or heat sources such as hot air ducts, and do not
leave it in a humid place. Never leave it on the
dashboard of a car parked in direct sunlight or
where there may be a considerable rise in
If you turn the car ignition off without
removing the front panel, the caution alarm
will beep for a few seconds.
If you connect an optional power amplifier and
do not use the built-in amplifier, the beep
sound will be deactivated.