MODEL PRO 5.5 SPRAYING INSTRUCTIONS
Caution: Do not twist electrical cord, make sure heavy objects are not placed on electrical
cord. Keep electrical cord away from heat and sharp objects. Make sure cord is not in a
traffic area to avoid tripping of persons. Do not use if cord is damaged.
Appropriate breathing protection, eye protection, gloves and clothing should be used.
1. Empty Container thoroughly and ensure the Container is dry.
2. Deposit the stain or paint material into Container.
3. Begin spraying by pressing the Switch, adjust the Volume Control Knob to get the best
spray pattern. A pattern with heavy spray in center, Figure E1, means the pressure is
too low. Adjust the Volume Control Knob by turning counterclockwise to increase
pressure. A correct spray pattern looks like Figure E2. The stain or paint should be
evenly spread over the surface.
4. If the spray pattern is still not correct, please refer to MODEL PRO 5.5
5. Hold the MODEL PRO 5.5 10-12 inches from the surface to be stained or painted. Keep
the MODEL PRO 5.5 parallel to the ground without pointing it up or down. See Figure F.
NOTE: TILTING THE MODEL PRO 5.5 IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
NOTE: TO AVOID RUNS AND SAGS DO NOT SPEED UP OR SLOW DOWN WHILE
MOVING THE SPRAYER.
6. Overlap each stroke about 1/3 of the spray pattern.
7. To spray inside corners, spray the adjoining walls or surface first. The over spray will
stain or paint the corner.
8. When you spray an outside corner, point the Spray Tip of the MODEL PRO 5.5 in
towards the surface. This will prevent stain or paint from being sprayed past the corner
and onto surfaces you do not want stained or painted.
Should a low humming sound and/or irregular spray pattern occur while spraying,
immediately remove plug from electrical source and thoroughly clean. This will prevent the
motor from overheating and causing damage to the MODEL PRO 5.5. See MODEL PRO
5.5 CLEAN UP INSTRUCTIONS.
NOTE: If you stop spraying for 30 minutes or longer, retest the spray pattern by spraying
on newspaper or cardboard. If you are unable to adjust the spray pattern properly, there
is a possibility that the stain or paint material has started to dry. If this happens, it is time
to clean the MODEL PRO 5.5. See MODEL PRO 5.5 CLEAN UP INSTRUCTIONS.
NOTE: The small vent hole on the top of the Cylinder Housing must be kept clean. If the
stain or paint material should dry and clog the hole in the Cylinder Housing, your
MODEL PRO 5.5 will not function properly. See MODEL PRO 5.5 CLEAN UP
NOTE: If the spray pattern is still not correct, a thorough cleaning of the Spray Tip,
Atomizer Valve assembly, and Pick-Up Tube may be required. Cleaning after every
5-9 gallons of stain or paint may be necessary for correct spraying. After cleaning,
reassemble the parts.
AIRLESS SPRAYER PRO 5.5
MODEL PRO 5.5 HOW TO USE