MODEL PRO 5.5 PRACTICE FIRST
Practice spraying water on newspaper or cardboard. This will give you the feel of the
MODEL PRO 5.5 Sprayer and all of its features. Follow the instructions for adjusting to the
proper spray pattern.
1. Check the following: See Figure A.
• Spray Tip is screwed on tightly.
• Remove Container from Cylinder Housing.
• Pick-Up Tube inserted tightly into the long port of the Cylinder Housing port located in
the Cylinder Housing.
2. Fill Container with water, refasten Container to Cylinder Housing.
3. Plug in Model PRO 5.5.
4. Press Switch. Allow a few seconds for the MODEL PRO 5.5 to spray water.
5. As you spray, notice the difference in spray volume and spray pattern while adjusting
the Volume Control Knob. Adjust the Volume Control Knob until you get the best
possible spray pattern.
NOTE: The best distance for spraying is 10"-12". Too far away may cause excessive
over spraying and too close may cause excessive material build-up. See Figure B.
6. Keep a stiff wrist. Do not arch your wrist at the beginning or the end of the stroke. Do
not stop the motion of the unit while spraying. The path of the MODEL PRO 5.5 must
pass beyond the area being stained and the Switch must be triggered on and off as the
MODEL PRO 5.5 passes into and out of the spraying area. See Figure C.
NOTE: Stopping the motion of the MODEL PRO 5.5 or swinging into a new stroke
pattern while water is being delivered will result in heavy water build-up at the edges of
MODEL PRO 5.5 THINNING MATERIALS
In order for your MODEL PRO 5.5 Sprayer to operate properly it is important to make sure
the stain or paint material is thin enough to be sprayed. Thinning should be followed per
the stain or paint manufacturer's guidelines. Because materials differ from brand to brand,
this guide can only be a place to start. The final guide to correctly thinned stain or paint is
achieving the proper spray pattern shown in Figure D. Always follow the coverage rate
recommended by the manufacturer regardless of the thinning required. Because there is
a variance in viscosity between paint and stain brands, it might be necessary to thin
5 to 15 percent to achieve optimum spray pattern.
MODEL PRO 5.5 Spray Tip
Choose the correct Spray Tip for the material you are using. When using thin materials
(stains and sealers) use the smaller sized Spray Tip
heavy-bodied materials use the Ceramic Spray Tip
center of the nozzle. In order for the MODEL PRO 5.5 to work properly, make sure the
Spray Tip you use is cleaned and not plugged.
• Use the correct Spray Tip for the material being used.
• Be sure Pick-Up Tube is tightly inserted in correct intake port.
• Thin material to proper viscosity, per manufacturer's requirements.
• Before each use, check Spray Tip and Atomizer Valve for wear.
• Always clean and oil sprayer thoroughly after each use.
• When a low humming sound is heard, immediately stop pressing on the trigger, see
MODEL PRO 5.5 TROUBLESHOOTING.
• Old stain or paint should be strained before using.
• Stir stain or paint slowly, do not shake stain or paint to prevent air bubbles.
AIRLESS SPRAYER PRO 5.5
MODEL PRO 5.5 HOW TO USE
. For latex paints and other
. The numbers are located in the