Creating a DVD with One Touch
You can save images with ease by pressing
the DVD BURN button on the Handycam
Station (One Touch DVD Burn function)
without any complex operations of your
• Images that have not been saved to a DVD with
One Touch DVD Burn can automatically be
• The history of each saved image is recorded
according to the user account. If you use a
different user account, the image that has already
been saved to a DVD is recorded on the DVD
• You can play back the created DVD on a DVD
player or other devices.
• Still images are recorded first on a DVD. When
you save images on several DVDs, the still images
are recorded on the first DVD.
• Still images on a DVD created by One Touch DVD
Burn function cannot be played back on a DVD
player. Play them back on a computer.
• Movies are organized by date under the same title
in a created DVD. Depending on the device used,
the ending of each title pauses for a few seconds.
What kinds of DVD can you use?
The kinds of DVD that you can use for the
supplied software are as follows.
Available DVDs differ, depending on the
computer you use. For details on the DVDs
compatible with your computer, refer to the
supplied operational manual. Some DVD
types may not be able to be played back,
depending on the device you have. Refer to
the specifications of your playback
equipment for additional compatibility
DVD compatible with the supplied
• Fairly inexpensive. Mainly
used for saving data
• Compatible with most DVD
• Using the dual layer DVD+R
system containing more
• Rewritable and reusable
• Rewritable and reusable
• Only the 12cm DVD can be used. The 8cm DVD
cannot be used.
• When creating a DVD with One Touch DVD Burn
function, there is no operational difference among
DVD types except that DVD-RW/DVD+RW are
• When you create a DVD by editing images copied
to your computer, some of the operations may
differ depending on the DVD type.
• When saving data on a DVD+RW, the data is
recorded in VIDEO format. You cannot add more
data on the DVD+RW.
• Use a DVD produced by a reliable manufacturer.
You may not save images correctly when using a
low quality DVD.
Saving images on a DVD with One
Touch (One Touch DVD Burn)
Among the image data recorded on the hard
disk of the camcorder, save the images that
have not been stored on a DVD using this
• In this operation, the image data recorded on the
camcorder can be saved on DVD only once. To
save images on the DVD for the next time, copy
the images to the computer (p.87) to create DVD.
• If you cannot copy all your image data on a DVD,
the image data is automatically saved on more
than one DVD. The required number of DVDs is
displayed in step 7 on the screen.