You can provide free hard disk space by
deleting image data on the camcorder.
• You can check the free hard disk space of the
camcorder on [HDD INFO] (p.58).
• Protected images cannot be deleted. To delete the
images, cancel the protection (p.69).
• Important data should be saved (p.44).
• Do not delete the image data on the hard disk of
the camcorder from your computer.
Deleting desired images
Slide the POWER switch to light up
The VISUAL INDEX screen appears on
the LCD screen.
(Movie) tab or the
(Still) tab that includes the
image you want to delete, then
21 12 2006
• When you touch [EDIT] during Easy
Handycam operation, only [DELETE],
[DELETE ALL] and [DELETE DATE]
Select the image to be deleted.
The selected image is marked with
Press and hold : PREVIEW
• Press and hold the movie on the LCD screen
to check the movie (Preview). Touch
return to the previous screen. The Preview
screen buttons have the same functions as the
ones on the Review screen (p.38).
• You can select multiple images at the same
• You cannot recover an image once you delete
• If you delete an original movie that is listed in a
Playlist (p.66), it is also deleted from the Playlist.
To delete all movies or still images at
1 To delete a movie, touch
to delete still images, touch
tab on the VISUAL INDEX screen.
2 Touch [EDIT] t [DELETE ALL] t
[YES] t [YES].
• Protected images cannot be deleted (p.68).
• To recover all the recordable space of hard disk,
perform [HDD FORMAT] (p.58).