Transmission Cable Short Detection Function
This function protects the system by detecting the current out of the specifications of the AnyWireASLINK system across DP-
DN or 24V-DP and stopping the transmission.
How to check the transmission cable short status
When the AnyWireASLINK system is in the following status, a transmission cable short has occurred.
• The ALM LED flashes at 2-second intervals.
• When any of the transmission cables (DP, DN) is short-circuited, 'DP/DN short error' (X1) turns on.
• When any of the transmission cables (24V, DP) is short-circuited, '24V/DP short error' (X2) turns on.
• DP/DN short error (error code: 0CC9H) or 24V/DP short error (error code: 0CCBH) is stored in 'Latest error code storage
area' (Un\G10256) and 0FFFH is stored in 'Latest error ID storage area' (Un\G10257).
• An error (error code: 0CC9H or 0CCBH) is displayed on an engineering tool. ( Page 75 Checking with the "Module
• The AnyWireASLINK transmission stops.
*1 If multiple errors occur simultaneously, the latest error is displayed.
How to recover from the transmission cable short status
How to recover from the transmission cable short status is as follows.
Eliminate the short circuit in the AnyWireASLINK system.
When the short status is exited, the AnyWireASLINK transmission resumes automatically.
If the status does not change, the short circuit has not been eliminated. Check it again.
Power off and on the AnyWireASLINK system or turn on and off 'Error flag clear command' (Y0).
The following status is resulted:
• 'DP/DN short error' (X1) and '24V/DP short error' (X2) turn off.
• The ALM LED turns off.
• The data in 'Latest error code storage area' (Un\G10256) and 'Latest error ID storage area' (Un\G10257) are cleared.
1.6 Transmission Cable Short Detection Function