Module with No ID Setting Detection Function
This function detects slave modules with no ID assigned (default ID) through automatic address detection or same address
Input slave module, I/O combined slave module
Output slave module
*1 Bit slave modules and word slave modules have the same default ID.
*2 The default address of bit slave modules is 255 or 511.
The default address of word slave modules is 511.
• Modules with no ID set are detected through automatic address detection or same address used check. If
the CPU module is reset or the power is turned off after a module with no ID set is detected, the no ID
number setting status cannot be checked until automatic address detection or same address used check is
• Even if no ID is assigned to modules, a single ID is stored in 'Number of the alarm IDs' (Un\G9984) and
'Alarm ID information storage area' (Un\G9985 to Un\G10112). For example, even when multiple modules
have an ID 00FFH, "1" is stored in 'Number of the alarm IDs' (Un\G9984) and "00FFH" is stored in 'Alarm ID
information storage area' (Un\G9985 to Un\G10112).
How to execute automatic address detection
For details on automatic address detection, refer to the following.
Page 58 Automatic Address Detection Function
How to execute same address used check
Turn off and on 'Overlap address inspection command' (Y2). If 'Overlap address inspection flag' (X15) turns on and off, it
indicates that the same address used check is completed.
The same address used check cannot be executed under any of the following conditions.
• When an error occurs in the AnyWireASLINK system (Example: Short circuit, 24VDC external power supply voltage drop)
• Within approximately five seconds after the AnyWireASLINK system is powered on or system is reset
• While 'Adjustment mode executing flag' (XF) is on
• While automatic address detection is in progress (While 'Automatic address detection flag' (X14) is on)
• When the same address used check is in progress (While 'Overlap address inspection flag' (X15) is on)
• When the parameter access is in progress (While 'Parameter access request command for the slave module' (Y10),
'Parameter batch read command for the slave module' (Y11), or 'Parameter batch write command for the slave module'
(Y12) is on)
• When any of the following errors has occurred
Transmission cable voltage drop error
DP/DN short error
24V/DP short error
RJ51AW12AL hardware failure
CPU module stop error (IORSTL signal detection)
System error (NMI signal detection)
CPU module error (ITERR signal detection)
ASIC access error (library I/F function access error)
1.5 Module with No ID Setting Detection Function