Connect your camcorder to a wall socket
using the AC Adaptor supplied with your
camcorder, and leave your camcorder with
the POWER switch turned off for more than
To change the battery of the Remote
1 While pressing on the tab, inset your
fingernail into the slit to pull out the battery
2 Place a new battery with the + side facing up.
3 Insert the battery case back into the Remote
Commander until it clicks.
Battery may explode if mistreated. Do not
recharge, disassemble or dispose of in fire.
• A button-type lithium battery (CR2025) is used
in the Remote Commander. Do not use batteries
other than the CR2025.
• When the lithium battery becomes weak, the
operating distance of the Remote Commander
may shorten, or the Remote Commander may not
function properly. In this case, replace the battery
with a Sony CR2025 lithium battery. Use of
another battery may present a risk of fire or
• "Handycam" and
registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
• "InfoLITHIUM" is a trademark of Sony
• "Memory Stick Duo" is a trademark of Sony
• "ImageMixer for HDD Camcorder" is a
trademark of Pixela Corporation.
• Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks
of Dolby Laboratories.
• Dolby Digital Stereo Creator is a trademark of
• DVD-R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW logo are
• Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Media are
either registered trademarks or trademarks of
Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/
or other countries.
• Macintosh is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.
in the U.S. and other countries.
• Pentium is a trademark or registered trademark
of Intel Corporation.
All other product names mentioned herein may be
the trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective companies. Furthermore, ™ and "
not mentioned in each case in this Handbook.
Notes on the License
ANY USE OF THIS PRODUCT OTHER THAN
CONSUMER PERSONAL USE IN ANY
MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE
MPEG-2 STANDARD FOR ENCODING VIDEO
INFORMATION FOR PACKAGED MEDIA IS
EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED WITHOUT A
LICENSE UNDER APPLICABLE PATENTS IN
THE MPEG-2 PATENT PORTFOLIO, WHICH
LICENSE IS AVAILABLE FROM MPEG LA,
L.L.C., 250 STEELE STREET, SUITE 300,
DENVER, COLORADO 80206.