On use and care
• Do not use or store the camcorder and accessories
in the following locations.
– Anywhere extremely hot or cold or humid
places. Never leave them exposed to
temperatures above 60°C (140°F), such as
under direct sunlight, near heaters or in a car
parked in the sun. They may malfunction or
– Near strong magnetic fields or mechanical
vibration. The camcorder may malfunction.
– Near strong radio waves or radiation. The
camcorder may not record properly.
– Near AM receivers and video equipment. Noise
– On a sandy beach or anywhere dusty. If sand or
dust gets in your camcorder, it may
malfunction. Sometimes this malfunction
cannot be repaired.
– Near windows or outdoors, where the LCD
screen or the lens may be exposed to direct
sunlight. This damages the inside of the LCD
• Operate your camcorder on DC 7.2 V (battery
pack) or DC 8.4 V (AC Adaptor).
• For DC or AC operation, use the accessories
recommended in this instruction manual.
• Do not let your camcorder get wet, for example,
from rain or sea water. If your camcorder gets wet,
it may malfunction. Sometimes this malfunction
cannot be repaired.
• If any solid object or liquid gets inside the casing,
unplug your camcorder and have it checked by a
Sony dealer before operating it any further.
• Avoid rough handling, disassembling, modifying,
physical shock, or impact such as hammering,
dropping or stepping on the product. Be
particularly careful of the lens.
• Keep the POWER switch setting to OFF (CHG)
when you are not using your camcorder.
• Do not wrap your camcorder with a towel, for
example, and operate it. Doing so might cause
heat to build up inside.
• When removing the power cord, pull it by the plug
and not the cord.
• Do not damage the power cord such as by placing
anything heavy on it.
• Keep metal contacts clean.
• Keep the Remote Commander and button-type
battery out of children's reach. If the battery is
accidentally swallowed, consult with a doctor
• If the battery electrolytic liquid has leaked,
– consult with your local authorized Sony service
– wash off any liquid that may have contacted
– if any liquid gets in your eyes, wash with plenty
of water and consult with a doctor.
When not using your camcorder for a long
• Occasionally turn it on and let it run such as by
playing back images or recording for about three
• Use up the battery pack completely before storing
On the LCD screen
• Do not exert excessive pressure on the LCD
screen. Blurs appear and it may cause a
malfunction of your camcorder.
• If your camcorder is used in a cold place, a
residual image may appear on the LCD screen.
This is not a malfunction.
• While you are using your camcorder, the back of
the LCD screen may heat up. This is not a
To clean the LCD screen
If fingerprints or dust make the LCD screen
dirty, use the cleaning cloth (optional) to
clean the LCD screen.
When you use the LCD Cleaning Kit
(optional), do not apply the cleaning liquid
directly to the LCD screen. Use cleaning
paper moistened with the liquid.